Technology evolvement has facilitated us with unbelievable range of devices to access the internet such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and iPads. These days from web friendly phones and tablets, there is an increasing amount of people searching for products and services using their smart devices.
This is also a true fact that still there are so many web owners who have not made their website mobile friendly. Since lots of studies have confirmed that more and more people day after day are turning to smartphones and tablets for their internet use, so neglecting this big volume of net surfers on mobile could cost very badly to those web owners in terms of traffic and revenues who are still relying on their traditional desktop based websites.
According to eMarketer, this year, 15% of online retail sales will take place through mobile devices and this ratio will reach to 25% by 2017.
This study from eMarketer is sufficient to let you know how fast eCommerce world is changing; make sure you are not left behind in competition. The best solution to survive in this high towering competition of eCommerce trend is, provide what your users want, take responsive website development approach.
In next three 3 years, mobile search is going to increase by 60%. Searching for any information through mobile device is becoming so easy and time saving. You don’t need to start and log on in big screen desktop every time. There are lots of user friendly and search friendly devices available and you can take them with you anywhere.
Take a look on astonishing facts and future forecast about mobile trend:
- By 2016, mobile users in US will increase from 174 million to 265 million
- By 2016, users from US accessing internet through PC’s will shrink from 240 million to 225 million
- By 2017, more than 90% of enterprise apps will be both mobile and desktop which is up from 20% in 2013
- 91% of people on planet have mobile phone where 56% people own smart phone
- 72% of tablet users buy online through their tablets each week
- 80% of smartphone and 81% tablet users use their as a TV for video or live TV broadcasting
- 41% of people have used their mobile devices to browse for the product after seeing in advertisement or show
Mobile has indeed become strong point of engagement between customers and brands. The disappointing story here is that inspite of such a massive mobile users audience many businesses are still lagging back in getting their website mobile compatible.
Walk with world; change your strategies according to market trends. Earning high profit can be so easy if you truly realize what market is demanding. Waking up too late can damage your business very badly.
With the rapid increase in the amount of web traffic coming through mobile users, redesigning your business website accordingly can be a wise decision and good for business health.